Monday, March 15, 2010

New Nelly Furtado Album - Lifestyle

Nelly Furtado Lifestyle

Nelly Furtado is set to release her fifth album titled “Lifestyle” on May 25th. It’s the first time that she has recorded an album fully in English. Salaam Remi, Dj Tiesto, Tibaland and Ryan Tedder have participated on the album.

“Half of it its ready and its not a one-producer album. We have 10 songs finished” says Nelly to Billboard Brazil.

After “Lifestyle” she plans on making her first Portuguese release: “It will be recorded in Portugal, but maybe with brazilian artists like Caetano Veloso with whom I've worked before" she tells, reminding she used to sing "Sozinho" on her concerts. She also says she's a fan of female brazilian singers. "I like Marisa Monte's voice, she has brasility on her performances. Daniela Mercury inspires me. They're definitely role models for me.”

Nelly reveals that the way she sings changed a lot thanks to tracks such as Manos Al Aire: “My music is my school. After recording an album in spanish, I changed my way of singing in english, with more passion. I'm a pop singer. My music background is diverse.” she defines.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews