Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mary J. Blige Covers Whole Lotta Love + Stairway To Heaven

Mary J. Blige Led Zeppelin

Mary J. Blige shows her inner rock chick while covering two legendary songs of Led Zeppelin. Mary J’s version of “Whole Lotta Love” and “Stairway To Heaven” are included on her international edition of her latest album “Stronger With Each Tear”.

“Whole Lotta Love” was produced by RedOne and “Stairway To Heaven” was revised by Travis Barker, Randy Jackson and Steve Vai. Both songs are extremely difficult to cover, and Mary J. Blige truly did a good job with both of them.

Here’s what Mary J. Blige had to say about covering these two bonus tracks:

“I did Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway to Heaven’ and ‘Whole Lotta Love’ — it’s crazy.I am a Led Zeppelin fan. I’m not going to say I’ve been to their concerts, but I’ve listened to their music since I was a child, and it’s always moved me, especially ‘Stairway to Heaven,’ and ‘Whole Lotta Love’ is just fun.Of course, there’s definitely an inner rock chick in Mary J. Blige.Oh man I had a good time doing A Whole Lotta Love, the acting it out, being the rock and roll Mary was so much fun!”


Blog Archive

Total Pageviews