Monday, March 22, 2010

New Drake Song – Shut It Down

Drake Shut It Down

A new song by Drake featuring the Dream has leaked, it’s titled "Shut It Down", the song was produced by Noah "40" Shebib and Omen who also co-produced  Alicia Keys’ duet track with Drake, "Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)".

This slow jam has been confirmed to be listed on Drake’s debut album “Thank me later”. Other tracks include “Over”, “Fireworks”, “Afrika Boombatta”, and “Light Up” which features Jay-Z.

Who has inspired Drake for this album ? Nas and Outkast’s Andre Benjamin. “Nas was somebody that I used to listen to his raps and never understood how he did it. I always wanted to understand how he painted those pictures and his bar structure. I went back and really studied Nas and Andre 3000 and then came back with this album.”

Listen to “Shut it Down” below, and leave your comments.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews